Tomorrow evening, “Sip the City” returns for its fourth year as the kickoff to San Diego Urban Wine Week. The event takes place at The Headquarters at Seaport Village from 5:30 – 8 p.m. Tickets are $25 pre-sale or $35 at the door.
“It’s our time to show off what we do all year long,” says Eric Van Drunen, San Diego Urban Wineries’ president and co-owner of urban winery Charlie & Echo. “Our members produce incredible wines and we want San Diegans to drink them.”
In attendance at Sip the City: 2Plank Vineyards, BK Cellars Urban Winery, Carruth Cellars, Charlie & Echo, Gianni Buonomo Vintners, Jack Simon Vineyards, Koi Zen Cellars, La Fleur’s Winery, Negociant Winery, San Pasqual Winery, Solterra Winery, Stehleon Vineyards, Vesper Vineyards, and Witch Creek Winery.
The term “urban wineries” refers to wine-making businesses without an attached vineyard; these producers import grapes from all over.
Through June 8, SD Urban Wineries members will be hosting a variety of #SDUWW events. Here’s the calendar, with some highlights we’ve picked out below:
- Friday, June 1 – Sip the City @ The Headquarters at Seaport Village
- Saturday, June 2 – Girl Scout Cookie Pairing @ Koi Zen Cellars
- Saturday, June 2 – Winemaking 101 @ Charlie & Echo
- Saturday, June 2 – Winery Hop on the Coaster w/ Carruth Cellars
- Wednesday, June 6 – Wine Tasting Challenge @ Gianni Buonomo Vintners
- Thursday, June 7 – Wine & Cheese Pairing @ San Pasqual Winery
- Friday, June 8 – Syrah & Chocolate Pairing @ La Fleur’s Winery
- All Week – Wine & Spice Pairings @ Koi Zen Cellars