The Japan Society of San Diego and Tijuana (JSSDT) returns to Harrah’s Resort Southern California for the 16th annual Beer & Sake Festival this Friday from 7 to 10 p.m. Event proceeds ($40 tickets for Harrah’s members/$60 for non-members) benefit the Japan Society’s educational programs including language competitions, internships, and educational and sports exchanges that connect the people of Japan and the San Diego/Tijuana region.
Festival goers can look forward to:
- Fish cutting demonstration (and fresh sashimi)
- Japanese Geta dance performances
- San Diego Taiko dynamic drumming performances
- Beer and sake in a multitude of flavors and styles
- Local restaurant offerings from top San Diego chefs
Participating restaurants and breweries:
- Sushi on a Roll
- Sushi House
- Grand Hotel Tijuana
- Artifex Brewing
- Lightning Brewery
- Ballast Point Brewing
- SR 76 Beerworks
- Wild Barrel
- Asahi Beer USA
- Sapporo Beer
- Nanbu Bijin
- Hiro Sake
- Ozeki Sake USA
- Komasa Jyozo Co.
San Diego’s sole sake maker, Setting Sun Brewing, will not be participating due to capacity constraints.